Sofia Foteina Chatzikokoli
is a holistic therapist. She is one of Constantin and Maria Foteinas’ long term students and colleagues and, also, one of their children.
She is one of the founder members of the Café Ecole (1979) and since then she has dedicated her life to serve for the growth of human being.
• Business Administration, at the Athens University of Economics
• Pedagogies, at the Pedagogic School of Athens
• Full training in the theory and practice of the Café Ecole method under the guidance of Professor Constantin Foteinas and the auspices of the University of Montreal.
• Trained as a facilitator in accordance with the "Constantin Foteinas - Café Ecole" method on self-awareness and self-realization.
• Trained in ethnographic research.
• Followed her Master, Constantin Foteinas, in his spiritual path and was trained by him in “Minimal Movement and Meditation” and “Accompaniment”. (assisting people in their final phase of earthly life)
• Pedagogies in accordance with Montessori’s method at the St. Nicolas Training center.
• Pedagogies in accordance with Rudolf Steiner’s method for children in preschool age at the “Ecole Perceval” Chatoux.
• Classic Japanese dance (Buyo) by Mitsuko Nakata and Anti-Dance (Butoh) by Ono Casua, who inspired Constantin Foteinas to create the technique of Minimal Movement. Sofia founded and managed a nursery school called “Our school” in Glyfada, Athens and functioned in accordance with the Café Ecole method, especially adapted for children. During the same period, she coordinated workshops for primary school children who were experiencing learning difficulties as well as workshops for parents.
Within the premises of Café Ecole, she coordinated self-awareness, psychotherapy and minimal movement workshops, but also workshops for parents, teenagers and primary school children. Today, assisted by her colleagues, she coordinates the activities of the Organism “Café Ecole -Constantin Foteinas”.
• Since 2010 she has been initiated and a student of “Teacher Training Program (TTP)of the Association of Himalayan Yoga Meditation Societies International, in Swami Rama Sadhaka Grama Ashram in Rishikesh and is certified with RYT 500 and accredited by Yoga Alliance.
She is the author of the book “Our life...a fairy tale” and of articles published in the daily press and various magazines.
She has two daughters and three grandchildren and she considers the members of her family, both men and women, as her trainers. She is dreaming of people who will feel part of the Universe and will experience a world full of love and sympathy for their fellow human beings.